Friday, July 22, 2005

Dorks and Nerds Only Need Apply!

Way back in the days when I used to date, I had one hard and fast rule, specified above.

As you can imagine, my dating pool became much larger when I made the transition from high school to the University of Chicago, both because there were so many more nerds to be had and because my search for love was no longer stymied by my failed attempts at make-up and the right clothes and my ignorance of what was going on in the world of television and radio and all that - for all but a few "normals" lurking around campus such things were not important. Many people feel strongly about their undergraduate institutions, myself included. I could start talking about how important my Chicago years were but I doubt you would find it very interesting so let's skip it.

At any rate, my partner and I are still tremendous U of C freaks. That's why we're going to Hyde Park this weekend to buy a University of Chicago outfit for the pending child, to learn about sabermetrics, and to watch the White Sox- Red Sox game. Apart from the heat, I expect it will be a wonderful weekend.

Incidentally, in writing this post, I decided to test my own nerdiness. I am, alas, mediocre.
I am nerdier than 72% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

No comments: