Saturday, April 09, 2005

whining

I am probably going home for the first couple of weeks of May to do some final interviews. I got roped into throwing a baby shower for my sister-in-law while I am there. I don't mind throwing a shower for her but the whole thing is turning into a big pain. First, I needed to find a relative to give me her house for the shower. Now I need to coordinate with this relative to get everything scheduled and done while my brother and sister-in-law are seemingly unable to get me a list of people to invite (apart from the obvious aunts, cousins, and neighbors). At the same time that they are NOT giving me a list of invitees, this same brother is inviting people to attend a shower on the 14th even though I haven't tied my cousin down to the particular date when I can have her house, although it is now apparent that it will NOT be the 14th.

And then, here is the particularly selfish and whiny part, there is the fact that I am not going to be home again before I have MY baby so, if I am going to have a baby shower with my family, it would have to be during this same time period but I KNOW that no one will think of that and, of course, I won't say anything.

If you decide you want to take pity on me on account of the fact that I will not be having a baby shower with my wonderful family, feel free to buy me something from my registries!

No comments: