Monday, April 04, 2005

Gluttony

My doctor would be horrified to hear about my dinner this evening. I heard about this bar called The Palomino which is said to offer great vegan entrees. We decided to go for an early dinner to beat the smokers. When will Milwaukee join the rest of the civilized world and ban smoking???

It was so good and so FRIED - which is why I am a bad parent-to-be. At the top of the menu was the bar's motto, "If it tastes good, it will taste better fried." We started with the toffalo wings - that's right vegan wings with vegan ranch dressing to dip them in. I thought my partner was going to weep with joy when they arrived at our booth. Then I had the vegan sloppy joe with sides of sweet potato chips and fried pickles (yes, I know, I should be jailed for reckless endangerment of an almost child). Jason got the chicken fried tofu with the onion haystack and red beans and rice. Everything was good. We ordered way too much and the bill was only $24.

Next time I am going to try the tater tot po'boy with fried okra and slaw and I am going to save room for dessert so I can try the fried banana split.

No comments: