Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Desperate

So, I've been holding off on the acquisition of a lot of preggo clothes. I reasoned that if I could just make it until the weather warms up, I can save money by picking up a few pairs of BIG shorts and capris and couple them with ratty t-shirts to make it through the summer.

The warmth is here, although it is going to cool down again for the next few days, and I am caught unawares. I am sitting at home wearing a pair of Jason's shorts and one of his t-shirts. My legs are bright white and my feet and ankles are horribly swollen. I look and feel so horrendous that I actually cancelled my meeting with my advisor rather than face the world in this state.

Hang on, I just realized why the bells at the Catholic church in my neighborhood have been pealing for the last 20 minutes or so - there must be a new pope.

Anyway, my summer plan - sitting in a child's wading pool in my back yard wearing an old t-shirt and cut-off sweatpants and drinking smoothies - is fine and good except for when I need or desire to have a bit of interface with the rest of the world.

No comments: