Monday, April 11, 2005

Down and out?

I'm thinking of throwing in the towel here, folks. I mean, what's this supposed to be for anyway? I thought I might feel more connected, like my world, for all practical everyday purposes is bigger than a house, 2 dogs and a partner, and perhaps even become more connected. Alas, I feel increasingly like that one older woman I've seen several times at Pizza Shuttle. She sits there, smoking cigarettes (when will Milwaukee get with the program?) and speaking loudly to herself and anyone else who cares to listen. If you look her way, she catches your eye and you feel that she is speaking directly to you - that it would be really rude to turn away but yet you don't know her, you don't know what she's talking about, and, after all, you don't really care anyway.

4 comments:

jeremy said...

Connections are hard. And the perception of connection can sometimes be even harder.

Anonymous said...

mmm. Pizza Shuttle.

mcd said...

after reading the marrying mary post, i'd be pretty bummed if you threw in the towel.

Andrea said...

Well, as you can see, I am still here. I've just been feeling particularly isolated lately - all this stuff with my family, having no relationship at all with my partner's family, not being present at my own program, etc.
However, I do generally enjoy my blog so I apologize for the drama, I'm going to stick around.