Sunday, April 24, 2005

i know, i know, just get over it

OK. I have never spoken with Mary and I have spoken with Dad once since I got back from Alaska. I called and we were on the phone about 2 minutes before he got a call on the other line. He said, "Oops, I've got to go. That's the boss." I said, "OK, maybe you can call me later." And that was it.

Today, I received, from Mary's email account, the following email - which starts out as if it is written by my dad but it is clearly not.

Dear Kids,
As most of you know, Mary and I are planning to sell the main home on [-] Island. We plan to keep the cottage and perhaps, if the Lord wills [my dad would NEVER write this], add on to make it a year-round home. We are trying to clean and fix up the main home and make it more presentable for sale to maximize the return [my dad would never write this].We are finding we could use some help from as many of you who can participate as possible. On May 30th the Memorial Weekend we would like to have you all come and help. We will supply all the food if you will supply the strength, endurance, energy and time[my dad would never write this]. (We know this is impossible for some but we would like you all to know what is going on. Come if you can).Please let us know by May 14th so we can purchase paint and whatever else is necessary.

Love to each of you,
Dad and Mary

No comments: