Thursday, August 03, 2006

throwback

Finally saw X3 yesterday. I liked it. I think they tried to do a little too much. I mean, you just can't get everything in there, you know, even if true fans get frustrated by neglected characters and plot lines. At any rate, I think Marvel has done pretty well bringing their comic books to the big screen. Mostly, however, if I'm going to see an action film, I would opt for a Marvel or other comic book adaptation pretty much every time because the plot and characters are so much richer than your average clicheed (imagine there was an accent OK) action film and heroes/villains.

Case in point, we rented "The Island." It was awful.

Anyway, that trip to the movies occurred during designated work time. We had our regular Wednesday afternoon childcare and instead of going to our respective offices we went for a really nice and insanely inexpensive lunch and followed it up with a trip to the budget movie theater. So, our entire afternoon out would have cost only $16.50 if it weren't for the $45 child care surcharge.

No comments: