Tuesday, August 23, 2005

can't buy a bucket

This morning I weeded vigorously to see if I might shake the baby loose. No contractions yet. This was upon the advice of a cousin who told me that my grandmother always used to say that she managed to induce labor (all 13 times!) by engaging in exhausting housework - rearranging the furniture, washing down the walls, etc. I went for weeding and then intended to clean out and clean the fridge but, alas, when I came inside I decided to catch my breath for a few minutes and check my email. It is then I learned that my desktop has died or, at least, is in a coma.

I followed all the advice Dell offers on their website but no luck. Apparently it is a power problem I am having so my partner is bringing a spare dell power cord home from work as a last resort. If that doesn't work, I'll have to get it serviced. Naturally, some of my work is not backed-up anywhere else. Naturally, the last thing I want to imagine myself doing tomorrow is driving a computer to Madison.

So, yeah, thankfully Martine is coming to town in a bit and we're getting together for lunch because otherwise I am fairly certain I would spend the entire afternoon crying about how I am completely at the mercy of the fates. I was planning to bake an angel food cake for my partner's birthday (it's tomorrow). But, with the way that things are going today, perhaps I should skip the "dare to be great" angel food recipe and go for a sure thing like peanut butter cookies.

No comments: