Saturday, April 01, 2006

It's Official...

I am completely exhausted. Another 7 hours until the return of the spouse. E just went down for her morning nap. I've already cleaned up from breakfast and put in a load of laundry. And now to bed!

I'm working on a review sheet for my students. One of the great things about teaching is that you learn so much! I wasn't a sociology major as an undergrad and, even if I had been, I would never have had typical survey/intro course. It would have been all primary texts and seminar. So, yeah, teaching simultaneously imparts a great deal of information about the subject and reinforces confidence because you already do know a great deal. On top of that it organizes your time and, to some extent, maintains your ability to talk shop (this is important for me since I have limited access to my home department).

No comments: