Friday, March 31, 2006

Mom-ing

E just went down for a nap - she just stopped fussing about 10 seconds ago. I should be using this time for (in order of likelihood):
1. personal hygeine
2. eating
3. tidying up
4. sleeping
5. getting some work done

E and I had a really good day yesterday. While I was lecturing, she did great with the sitter. And we had such a fun afternoon discount book shopping. I picked up some "Priddy books" for her and a copy of Chabon's Summerland for me. I was planning to get Kavalier and Clay but Summer land was only $3.99. Then we stopped for a hot fudge sundae.

Last night while she was eating dinner we had a great running gag going taking turns blowing raspberries. She thought it was a total gas. When I picked her up out of the high chair she gave me this huge spontaneous hug and kiss (her kisses are sloppier than the dogs'). Sometime she gets completely overwhelmed by her emotions and at that moment you could tell she was experiencing extreme love. It was very nice.

Anyway, I really do need to make better use of this time. Today we are going to see the persnickety grandparents because last night in a fit of goodwill I called and asked them if they would like to see their granddaughter over lunch. I was hoping to meet them somewhere in the neighborhood in order to avoid having them come by the house but they just called to tell me they would be coming by at about 11.

So, here is the revised list of what I must use this time for:
1. clean house
2. personal hygiene
3. maybe a couple of minutes of shut-eye.

No comments: