Friday, March 03, 2006

hey!!
[...]
HEY! Can't you hear me calling you?
[...]
How can you be so cruel?
[...]
What's happened to our relationship? Don't you love me anymore? It used to be that you would come running before I even knew that I wanted you. You would just appear as I was getting ready to make my wishes known. But now, now you leave me here alone! What did I do to deserve this?
I still love you but you don't always need me. Right now you need sleep more.
Even if that's true, you always used to help me sleep.
I did. But when you were younger you needed help falling asleep. Now you are fighting sleep because you'd rather be awake.
So, what if I would? A girl's got to live, hasn't she? Why would I spend two hours lying here sleeping when I could be out and about putting things in my mouth, drooling, and laughing at those fuzzy four-legged siblings of mine? Life is a load of fun and I don't want to miss any of it.
I sympathize but there's an expression you should learn: quality not quantity. If you get a little nap in you'll enjoy your afternoon so much more than if you're overtired -- weepy and emotional, rubbing at your eyes all the time trying to keep them open.
That's not how it would be!
Baloney!
Why don't you give me a chance and we'll see how it goes?
Sorry, kid, mother know best.
Bite me you old hag.

No comments: