Tuesday, March 01, 2005

a touch of insomnia

I made some chocolate chip bread this evening and, as I have had almost no chocolate (or caffeine in any form) since November, I think the miniscule amount of caffeine it contains is enough to keep me from sleeping.
However, even if it wasn't enough, my mind would be racing far too quickly for me to sleep on account of this email my older brother sent out this evening:

[...]

Secondly we were wondering if everyone was doing a gift for Dad and Mary. If you are, are you going to want to do one together or everyone separates. We don't have any idea what do get for them because they both have everything for a house. We don't know what they are doing for a honeymoon if anything. Also Dad will be moving to Connecticut so they wont be around here much. Even if you don't want to go in on anything can anyone suggest any ideas.

I guess its getting to be a pretty big affair. roughly 40-50 people so far. If everyone comes that is.


How did it move from a family affair to 40-50 people? Is this going to be the full deal - wedding, reception, etc? Should I cancel my trip to Alaska, which Jason and I have been planning for YEARS and, given our pending change in family status, is a trip that needs to happen NOW, so that I can be at my dad's wedding even though my dad has given absolutely no indication that my presence there matters to him? If my dad would just call and say it was important to him that we all be there, I would be there in a heartbeat but I will end up being really resentful if I go and it feels like it doesn't matter that I did. I don't like feeling all of this doubt and resentfulness especially when it comes to my family.

No comments: