Monday, March 07, 2005

It's not terrible!

So, I just wanted to share my excitement because I've been working all morning on my dissertation and, probably for the first time ever, I am feeling pretty good about what I've got. I mean, it's not terrible and I don't feel like I have no recourse but to delete it all and cry the rest of the day. Let me tell you, this is progress!

Of course, when I meet with my advisor tomorrow I'll probably get the same stuff I always get: "I'm not sure if you know what this is about yet. What is the contribution here?" But, just maybe, he'll say something along the lines of, "Interesting. Write more. Finish this chapter for next week." That would be so great!

UPDATE 3/8: Amazingly enough, my wish was granted. My advisor said, "You've made some good progress . Why don't you read Bakhtin and finish this chapter for next week." I am completely euphoric!

No comments: