Thursday, February 17, 2005

Q: Do I exist? Am I awful to be around? Am I hopelessly humdrum?

Let's look at some recent evidence:
1. Even though I posted on sconnie of Monday, Lisa writes on Wednesday that "Not only am I the only person who posts here anymore..."
2. I spoke with someone last week about needing a dissertation support group. While she said that she has no time for such groups, I found out today that she is in a group which just met for the first time.
3. The other night, I went out to dinner with my partner and his uncle. They each cut me off mid-sentence at least once without even appearing to notice they had done so.

A: While there is not enough evidence to make a ruling on the status of my existence, it is clear from the data that, if I do exist, people would prefer to avoid being in my presence and, if required to be around me, choose to ignore me to the greatest extent possible.

2 comments:

jeremy said...

Wow, #2 sounds especially awful. Anyway, I keep tabs on your existence, and even comment on your blog sometimes.

Ang said...

Well, I suspect I am #2, and what I meant to say was that I don't have time for any more groups and meetings (I've since learned that it's bad form to be in more than one group anyway... what the hell do I know). So sue me for speaking incoherently. I work 80 hours a week and am so exhausted I can barely function.