Thursday, February 17, 2005

Cleaning up

We have always cleaned house on Saturday mornings - splitting the job nearly 50-50. However, Jason cares more about tidiness (having everything put away - no piles - even on the desk). I am more a proponent of cleanliness - wiping down everything and insuring there is no dust or dirt anywhere. We make a pretty good cleaning team although we both hate to do floors and the bathrooms.

Anyway, a pending change in our family status led Jason to suggest that we think about a house cleaner every couple of weeks. The cleaner could do the floors and the significant wiping down that I think is important and we could stay on top of the general tidiness and every day cleaning. Sounds good, right?

Today the cleaner is coming for the second time. For the second time, I've gotten up early completely stressed out about how messy the house is and how this cleaning person is going to show up and see what slobs we are. So, I spent about an hour cleaning. I didn't do the floors and the bathrooms - my least favorite chores. I guess it is nice to have someone to take care of the bathroom and the floors.

No comments: