Wednesday, February 20, 2008

to or not to

So, as you know, I haven't been around much. I could say I've been too busy but really that is not true. I think the demise of Jeremy Freese's weblog sapped my own energy to post. He's blogging elsewhere on a group blog but, alas, much of the wit and whimsy is gone.

I think my blogging malaise ultimately has to do with the fact that I felt, even if erroneously so, that I was part of a "community" of bloggers, folks kind of keeping tabs on each other in a facebook-ish kind of way. Now.... I'm not sure if I just feel so unplugged that it doesn't seem worth it to post or what but I'm just not feeling it.

Things are going well, albeit slowly, in the world of the dissertation. The publications section of the CV is actually starting to shape up. I'm thinking of the diss as a series of articles now - much more practical and easier to write than some well structured earth-shattering, sociological treatise. Not sure how my professional trajectory is going to coexist with my life as green mountain mom and spouse. We've got an agreement that we'll give it three years in VT and if I'm not happy with the sociologist/rest of life balance I've established there we'll move on.
Curious to see that that actually means. I'm writing a popular press article over the summer to see how that feels.

1 comment:

jeremy said...

I haven't been feeling it lately either, but I think it's mostly been the winter and the quarter beating me down. In any event, I root for you.