Wednesday, January 18, 2006

i'm a misplaced coastie...

which is exactly why it never occurred to me that the ASA paper submission deadline (3 pm) was referring to some other time zone (EST). At 1:50, as I was writing the second part of my analysis, it occurred to me that instead of having ample time to complete a competent first draft, I actually had 10 minutes to finish writing, add references, proofread, log in to ASA and submit the paper.

result: I submitted an incomplete paper. It's absolutely terrible after about page 8. Have I doomed myself to life outside of the tenure track by allowing this incomplete piece of crap to see the light of day? Please make me feel better by writing to tell about all the horrendous papers you've submitted.

1 comment:

Brady said...

Well, if you did, we can hang out, because my confusion re: submitting resulted in pretty much the same thing. Honestly, at this point I'm hoping they toss it out upon looking at the date stamp. Generally it takes me three runs at proofing it to get it down to "legible". I did one. Consequently, I haven't even looked at it since I sent it, because if I don't SEE the sentence that trails off without actually ending, it's not there.