Friday, October 14, 2005

ipod, at last!

I've been wanting an ipod forever - talking about getting one for at least 2 years. The thing is, I felt it would not be responsible to spend our limited funds on an ipod since I had a perfectly serviceable Sony Sports Cassette Walkman (remember those bright yellow things?) that I purchased back in 1995. Yes, I was the last person at the gym listening to CASSETTES. Well, the landscape changed a bit this week. I haven't been to the gym since about August 26 and, apparently, they failed to process my membership renewal and cleaned out my locker. So, when I went to workout for the first time (a fiasco taking E. on the city bus that was 30 minutes late to hand off to her father at his office where she proceeded to cry), I was handed the contents of my locker with an apology. Missing (STOLEN, they determined) from the garbage bag of gym paraphenalia was my Sony Sports Cassette Walkman and my heart rate monitor. They're going to pay me to replace both items. I, however, am going to trade up on the Walkman for an ipod.

So, what do you think, should I go for the nano or the standard ipod? Wasn't there something called the ipod mini before? I think that was what I had decided on last time I was drooling at the apple store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

standard all the way, baby! you'd be surprised how much music you and your man will want to put on it. i plug mine into the stereo every weekend and it plays all day, a random (or not so random, it depends on you) selection of my tunes, it's awesome!

this, is assuming, you have plenty of hard drive space on your computer. you'll need at least 3 or 4 gigs of space for your music files (itunes). if that's not what you've got, don't bother getting an ipod at all.

good luck!