Friday, April 25, 2008

Confession, Method and The Power of Reporting

TO: The Folks at Nielsen Media Research, Inc.
FROM: Islander
RE: Our TV viewing diary

I am happy to accept your $30 and to complete the TV viewing diary you sent for this week. I would also like to thank you for the push this diary has given me to remain in my office to work on my dissertation instead of creeping downstairs to fall asleep on the sofa and in front of the television in the evenings and during the kids' afternoon nap.

I mean, if you think I am willing to confess to an occassional afternoon snooze in front of Jerry Springer or, worse, to provide evidence that I am not unfamiliar with the evening line-up on FOX or, even, that I am sometimes known to shed tears along with the beneficiaries of Extreme Makeover Home Edition and The Big Give you've got another thought coming.

Perhaps I should start recording my food intake again. Might be the best way to cut out those east side ovens cupcakes and WFM chocolate chip cookies.

No comments: