Friday, June 03, 2005

Rib-tickler

When one if growing a human one is bound to experience of variety of new and interesting sensations. Fetal hiccups were interesting the first time. Instead of the usual fluid motions and stretchings that come along with fetal movement, my entire abdomen began jumping - just once - at somewhat regular intervals (every 20 seconds or so). Today, however, I felt something that trumps the hiccups - foot in the ribs. It wasn't just a temporary pressure on my lower right ribs, it was as if the kid wedged his/her toes up between the bottom couple of ribs intending to stay a while - just like when I put my feet up on the back of the chair in front of me when I go to the movies. I ended up jumping up and down and stretching my arms toward the ceiling in order to shake the kid loose.

No comments: